Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 46 - 28 November 2009

I am still noticing major synchronicity in my life. Normally it feels good, and in hindsight, the one I experienced today is also good, but it didn't feel like it at the time.

Having battled most of this week with my own recovery - God, in his wisdom thought it would be funny to wake me up at 04h30 to help a young 21 year old girl. She was pissed out of her mind and had passed out (in her drunken stupour) whilst riding her scooter. Right outside our front gate. She didn't really get hurt, probably because she was so drunk, but to think of who she could have hurt. There was silence for a long while, then Hil heard some black guy talking to her. We thought it was her boyfriend, but he had kindly just helped her to the side of the pavement as she had fallen asleep right in the middle of the road, on top of her scooter.

We immediately brought her in - sobered her up and made sure she got home safely. She was a decent and beautiful young girl, lost in a new city with no friends, no job, no self-esteem. Trying to fit in, but not knowing how to without the confidence boost of drugs and alcohol. In her drunkenness, she still had the manners to acknowledge the help. The acknowledgement was in a way where it felt that she had not experienced a kindness in a long while. That is sad indeed!! The rest of the details about her and what happened are immaterial, but all I can say is, imagine how I would have felt if I didn't hold on this week.

We had the best market day ever today, in sales and beautiful weather ... I like to think of it as a thank you gift from God ... hehehe.

Still haven't gone for my kidney tests. Not for any other reason than lack of enthusiasm. The amazing thing is that I was reminded of it today when they ached. How strange is that. I hope that this is just the mind playing its psychological tricks on me. It felt real though as it woke me up from my arvie nap and I had to sit up for 5 minutes. "Okay, okay I'm going to go already damit!!" It is just one little prick I suppose. I am quite pathetic about this shit ... I act as though I have never experienced a prick in my life!! I have also experienced the one of the "dumb ass jerk" variety. LOL

Today's gratitude list includes being blessed with amazing friends. Friends from afar (yes, very often that call, sms or email arrives at the perfect time), as well as friends who help by going beyond the call of friendship expectation. Okay, I'm not going to get all misty-eyed with the Michael Jackson expression of "I love you all", but hopefully you feel appreciated (.)(.)

2 comments:

  1. Yup, seems like synchronicity is showing up just to remind you how far you have come in your recovery. At some point we change from student to teacher, when we can assist others. Looks like you are making that transition. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laur! - I loved your poem, maybe you should become a Rap artist?? - the lyrics were 'slammin'"...-seriously, the questions are all there?!
    - synchronicity is only recognised by those who have begun the journey.... - and the ride is amazing - helping that young girl is possibly a mirror reflection of passed life... - why you? when so many of us would have cocooned and ignored the issue, well, you know why. stay strong Thea x x x

    ReplyDelete