Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 33 - 15 November 2009

Yesterday ... I went shopping and now possess more than 1 hospital bra. It felt good to get out. Can you believe, SHOPPING was the big family outing!! Oh, and we also watched our talented little Jordan play Tennis. He is soooooo good. The best in the team actually, even though he is the youngest. The fact that his Yaya used to be a tennis coach in her day might also have something to do with it.

Today ... I am reading the most incredible book that seems to be answering a lot of the questions I have been asking as well as confirming that I am on the right track - HOW AMAZING IS THE SYNCHRONICITY in my life!!!

The book is called "The Journey" by Brandon Bays. It was suggested to me by one of my Writer Circle friends, so I bought it for my hospital days. However, in hospital I was more drawn to reading a fictional book of which I only got as far as the first paragraph after 3 days of trying. Not that the book was uninteresting, it was just that I couldn't concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes and gave up after finding myself reading the same sentence 10 times and wondering what I had read. I couldn't even concentrate on watching TV, which I only tried to do on the last day in hospital. Must have been the drugs!!

When I first saw who the author of The Journey was, I remembered another book I had by her. I didn't like her style very much, so the book sat there waiting until I was obviously ready. After writing my blog on Friday, and having not much else to do when the interviewers arrived, except soak up the privilege of spending the day reading in bed, I reluctantly picked up this book. OMW is all I can say right now, but will share more, I imagine, as time goes on.

I watched the "Farrah Fawcett story" on M-Net last night. It was a documentary she had produced about her journey through cancer. Although her cancer is different to mine, and her story was quite sad in the end - as she dies, it still did not quench the enthusiasm I feel. It rather reinforced it. What I got out of her story is HOPE. Something I had already mentioned in the early days of starting and sharing this journal. And something I have never lost. It was the main reason Farrah did her documentary, to show the hope that she had for the future and to offer hope to others like her. The fact that she died in the end is immaterial, she survived longer than what she was given and this offered a lot of hope to many who followed her journey.

I always know when I am on the right track. I spontaneously cry tears of happiness and knowing. It's like having those "moments". As I have said before, my beliefs are always based on how I feel.

For now though ... breakfast, book and Hil beckon me to come in - it is family day after all (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. Your journey is a long one laur - your blog is fantastic and I just KNEW your attitude would be the biggest attribute to your overall experience - all the top guys are gob-smacked!!
    Keep on keepin' on!!! - show them all!!
    love Thea x x x x

    ReplyDelete