Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 34 - 16 November 2009

I'm trying to catch my breath as I have just been hit in the right tit by a flying soccer ball. It was an accident, and Jordan was playing where he is allowed to play - his bedroom. But bloody hell it is eina. My office seems to be the safest place right now. Jordan was being his normal boisterous self, and has up to now been quite careful with as much compassion as one can expect from a 9 year old. But I am guessing that he is probably feeling worse than me right now, especially the way I cried and doubled up in pain. Not a nice way to start the Monday for either of us. Nevertheless, writing my blog will hopefully take my mind off the pain.

After watching the Farrah Fawcett story that I mentioned yesterday, I have decided that if she allowed the intrusiveness of the cameras to film the most private of things - such as her projectile vomiting, her pain and crying through treatment and even her most prized privacy of all - showing her bald head, especially as a big part of her persona was defined by her hair (they even had a shampoo under her name in her day). Then the best way for me to get over my self-consciousness of the bald stage is to allow everyone to see it. I mean, it is not as though I have Farrah Fawcett hair or anything.

I think it will also help people get over the shock in the privacy of their space and not my space. I am currently in a positive state of mind, and it is very important that I remain here. So if you are the crying type, this will give you a chance to cry in private, because I only have strength for myself right now. I don't have the strength to comfort someone else who is crying for me and because of something as silly as having no hair.

So there will be an upcoming fashion parade to look forward to. An idea I also got from my bosom buddy. There will be before, during and after shots, as well as a fashion show of the latest head gear. I only have 1 bandanna right now and have no idea where to find more. I should have taken advantage of breast cancer awareness month when they were selling them. But my mom supports this cause and apparently has a pile of them she has bought over the years. I think she uses them as dusters - lovely. My mom will be up for Christmas, so that is when I will get them. I hope they are modern enough. I also have to practice how to put them on so that it doesn't look like I am the nanny of the house with a dook on.

Summer seems to have finally arrived today. I am not sure for how long though, but right now I need to go and take some pain pills (.)(.)

2 comments:

  1. Don't think I could handle a soccer ball against my booby, even without surgery. Ag shame man! A bald head is cool in summer, so you should just enjoy the freedom of no hair while that's the case - no hair cuts, hair washing, hair drying, hair brushing. As for the bandanna, I think you should go for the Harley Davidson look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a girl who is recovering from a brain tumour in our office and was informed she would loose her hair while going through chemo and other treatments (similiar to your process .. loosing the hair).
    I remember her saying instead of waiting for her hair to fall out gradually, she went and had her hair shaved off voluntarily. Just the action alone of going down to the hairdresser, and having her head shaved, it gave her a sense of "she's still in control". You know what I mean ... she said the feeling of having some control over her hair loss - she found it much easier to deal with the baldness that was inevitable anyway. I thought that was a really gutsy way of thinking and thought "good for her", so thought I would share reading your thoughts on hair loss:-) Love ya Cuz!

    ReplyDelete