Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 30 - 12 November 2009

Today is just one of those days that I can't do noise. Our house is always noisy in the mornings with having to get an ADHD child ready for school. Even the birds on my tin roof in the office (my supposed sanctuary) are getting to me. I think it is the sleep deprivation thing again. My sleep patterns are up to shit.

Check up day with the doctors today. I can't wait to get these dressings off. They seem to be pulling on the wounds that are healing. I can't effectively itch these wounds with all this dressing. It either hurts if I go too hard or irritates for not getting to that itch. The right underarm also feels a bit chaffed from the plaster with all the PC/mouse work, which is a weird burning sensation, as it is still numb.

I must say though, I have acquired new skills since the op. I can shower without getting the boobies/dressings too wet - a real party trick. I have become ambidextrous when it comes to giving my right arm a break with the mouse and also when unable to get to those hard to reach places - the wiping variety. This last skill came quite early though. I remember in the hospital after the op. I woke up at 3am and was bursting for the loo, and there was no ways I was going to have a bed pan. I needed to find a way to get up with all these drains and drips. I buzzed the nurse on duty, who helped me up. Talk about feeling woozy, but I'm glad I did it then, because it meant I could go and have a smoke when I woke up properly in the morning. The nurse had to stand with me in the loo so that she could hold all the equipment hanging from my body. Talk about getting stage fright as we both looked up at the ceiling, humming. When it finally came, it wouldn't stop, probably because I was afraid there would be a full stop at the end. So you can imagine how quickly I wanted to get out of there. Hence, the learning of the left hand wipe.

I don't really have much to say today, so I am going to make this a short post. I am going to try practice choosing happiness over grumpiness as Hil kindly reminded me that I can do something about the way I feel. I just don't feel like choosing right now - but it is not fair on everyone else around me I guess. So here we go :-))))))))))) ... naah, it didn't work - (.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment