Friday, January 1, 2010

The bitch is malting

Menopausal, hair loss ... perfect title for today. Okay I know it is a little early for menopause to start - but explain why I am such a bitch of late???

Yep, it has started. Last night we only went to bed after 1am (well this morning actually) after seeing the New Year in with friends. You should have seen what the moon looked like last night with the spattered clouds. True artist this God of ours. Despite being really tired, I woke up and bolted out of bed at 4am with the crown of my head (by the roots) feeling very tender to the touch. I thought I had this bald patch right in the middle of my head. I felt panicked actually. Light went on as I inspected my head. All there, but this morning when we woke up properly we noticed my hairline receding with a few dotted loose hairs on my chest. Nothing dramatic yet, but it has started.

Yesterday, after finishing my blog post I did nothing but sleep. For the first time I have noticed a symptom. They did say that from day 10 my white blood cells will drop and I will feel fatigued. That was me yesterday on day 14. I only showered at 5pm because we had friends coming around, but I could have slept all night, if I had half a chance, even after all the sleep I had during the day.

I hope my hair does the "go-slow" lose because I have asked my friend Ian to do the big shave. He is on a camping holiday with his family and will only be back Sunday. So let's hope it is only the slight Apache-look by then.

Ian is the father of Jordan's best friend Stanley. I thought it would be a good idea for his kids to also be part of the process to make it easier for Jordan. If his mates know the jol, it will be easier to accept and not have to explain to his friends why his mom is bald. That and not having many male friends who is in possession of an electric shaver - I am definitely not going the razor route!!

I've just woken up, and am ready to sleep again - but it is rather hot, so instead I will do my snoring and dribbling by the pool to at least attempt a little sociable-ity on my mom's last day. Let's hope the wind behaves to make it an outdoor day (.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment