Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

I'm feeling a little wacked this morning, although I think it is more due to a late night than anything else. I can't feel the difference between fatigue and late nighters. 10 minutes with "morning Jordan" is enough to wake anyone up though.

I am pleased that I got through a very productive day yesterday and accomplished everything I set out to do. I even got to a meeting last night. The first with no hair, but I wasn't brave enough to go "Adam & Eve". I did show my friend Michelle the new look on the way to the meeting, to which she thought it looked absolutely fine. But, when I offered to show another friend, he said "no please don't take the bandanna off!!" It made me realise that not only do I have these awkward feelings of exposure, but so do other people. I wonder why that is? What makes people uncomfortable to have to face something out of the ordinary? Well it certainly did a lot for self-confidence!! Luckily I am not the type of person who gets stuck in a place that worries too much about what other people think, well I never used to be!!

My hand veins are aching. The hand where the chemo needle goes in. They still look pumping, so hopefully this isn't the start of their downhill. I don't want to be that person where they have to prick 13 times before they can find a vein. And, I definitely don't want a stint in my chest.

I had such a nice visit from my friend Chantal yesterday. OMG, did she make me laugh with her rendition of the interview she had just been on. To the extent that my tummy and cheeks hurt and the tears were rolling. It is true, laughter is the best medicine and it gave me that extra bit of energy boost that one always needs during the afternoon slump (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. Some men may find bald heads scary, because it reminds them of the probability that they will become bald with age. Oh, the sensitive male ego. To tell you the truth (and I'm not just being nice here), in a strange way I almost prefer you with a shaven head. I honestly don't even think of it as relating to the cancer. It's become quite fashionable for women to shave their heads and there are even a few shaven beauties who present programs on TV. I've always thought they looked quite funky, the way you do now as well. Your shaven head gives you a funky edge. Enjoy your new cutting-edge alter ego. Tx

    ReplyDelete