Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 18 - 31 October 2009

Jarmie shopping ... the last time this was needed was when Jordan was born. Back then I don't even think I did it. I've always gotten my PJ's as a gift. Even though Hil has already sorted this out for me (to look decent in the hospital), I wanted to also mozzie around the shops to have a look-see. I think it is excusable that it took me ages to decide between the negligee or boxers. I'm not the best shopper around, I only really enjoy shopping when I go on holiday. Then it is "shmutter" shopping - you know, like buying thousands of those "Eiffel Tower lighters" that everyone needs and would simply love (to hide).

Next up will be bra and costume shopping, as well as head gear shopping. This can wait though, as I really don't know what size cup I am going to be. Besides, the doctor said that they will be giving me a bra after the op. I hope it is not going to be one of those embarrassing "training-bra" type looks that all young girls have to wear in their coming of sprouting age. Not that I will be "sprouting" of course. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

So far so good. I am still feeling rather calm about the whole jol. It has taken so long that it already feels like "old news". Let's hope I still feel that way on Tuesday. It is confirmed that I need to be at the hospital by 11h00 and my op is scheduled for 13h30. Everything is covered by the Medical Aid. I am extremely grateful for this as there was a chance they wouldn't pay for the left boob reduction. I can't see why they would see this as cosmetic though - surely it would have a mental effect on any woman to have one big and one small boobie. Psychological scars make you sick and then you are just going to spend more money on the Medical Aid - so that must be why they are paying everything. Phew for that.

Beautiful day here in Cape Town - but I am buggered, so am going to have meself a wee arvie nap and tomorrow I will enjoy the sunshine. (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the doctor will give you one of those breast-feeding bra's - so you can open the flap and admire your new breast every few minutes...Heeheehee. Question is, will you be so in awe of your new smaller titties that you'll become one of those Clifton topless bathers?

    ReplyDelete