Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 4 - 17 October 2009

Well I didn't get my flat screen TV yet, but I did get this apron as a present. Hmmm!!! A little Dolly Parton for me but anyone up for a braai??

Actually it is amazing when you become aware of something, you suddenly see it everywhere. Like when you buy that unique blue BMW, all of a sudden you see 10 in a day. I think the official name for it is post-cognitive dissonance (thanks Hil). Well the same thing is happening with my Breast Cancer. Not only do I hear it on every radio station, TV ad, etc - which is expected because of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but 3 movies we have casually flipped the channel to - there it is!! When I pick up a magazine, wham - some editor has just died of cancer.

Then there are the friends - some do it playfully on purpose because they know they can, but others (to their embarrassment) don't. Things like - keep me abreast, tits up, oh that is tit, let me titillate you, you are getting on my tits, he is a complete tit, and of course the boobie-icon (.) (.) - compliments of my cousin in Canada, which I am now going to use as my sign-off signature to these posts. I like the humor in it though, so to those who feel "oops, I hope I didn't make a boo-boob" ... please, I am not that sensitive.

I am pleased to say that since yesterday morning I haven't much thought about next week in any heavy way. I want to keep it that way, so am making this a short entry and will be sitting by the pool all day tomorrow - which means no entry - so until the dreaded Monday - tits up (.) (.)

2 comments:

  1. Heheheh - love the Dolly Parton look. Al you need is a Stetson and some cowboy boots and you're ready to go. It made me titter with glee. Have a lekker day in the sun. (.) (.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm reading your last post and of course its all about the tits, so it brings me back to the days when I was just sprouting my own and every aunt in creation was making me aware of my buds by grabbing them and screaming "paahp paahp" like a fog horn. And of course which two aunts were the biggest instigators of this wonderful coming of age exercise...non other then Karen and Sandra. Ahh the memories. Hope you had a good day in the sun

    ReplyDelete