Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 11 - 24 October 2009

I bumped into a guy at the shops yesterday whose wife used to work for me many years ago. It amused me actually, the way he said in an almost whisper sing-song voice "Laurie, how are yooooooou" his eyes darting down to my breasts. I refrained from looking down at his crotch as I abruptly said "I'm absolutely fine thank you and how are you" with a confused frown on my face thinking, how did someone like him find out so fast. News sure does get around rather quickly. It is the silent stares of condolence that gets me though. I know it is all out of concern for me, but it also shows me how scary the Big C word is to people. This is why I have decided to do my bit in terms of giving back by giving people an opportunity to get informed, if they want to and/or allow others to be educated on the subject. So yesterday I played around with my blog and put a link up for a charity (who educates people about breast cancer) to receive money from a sponsor every time someone clicks on the icon. So be sure to pop in to SocialVibe for a visit ok - it costs you nothing. I sure feel fortunate to be living in this day and age of technological advancement. It's the teenagers that worry me about this day and age, and I am going to have one in a short 4 years.

I also have a lot of people who have taken my "hug" request quite seriously. Don't get me wrong, I am loving all the support and hugs that I get, but when some of those hugs are a little too tight and long I am tempted to playfully say "If you don't let me go soon I am going to mistake this for foreplay and be compelled to kiss you". LOL. I might even get away with it because ... I am sick you know..

Apart from being totally demotivated to do anything that resembles work or effort, I would say I am holding up quite well. I have connected with a young lady in P.E. who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She has really helped me a lot by allowing me to ask a whole bunch of personal questions. She too is a mother of 2 younglings and it is refreshing to hear how she involved them, and they are fine with it.

Sundays I try and avoid the office and PC as much as I can. I tend to get stuck here if I come to the office. With the balanced lifestyle I am now enjoying, I reserve my Sundays for my family, so I will not be making any posts on Sundays. (.)(.)

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, you mean I get a kiss if I get to hug you too tightly?!? Why didn't you say so earlier? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!L O L !!!!!!!!!!!
    - I'm SO going to HUG YOU TIGHT WHEN I SEE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete