Monday, December 21, 2009

You may call me Grace

After waking up this morning with no symptoms from the chemo, we reflected on how amazing the latest technologies must be since Hil's sister and Rhona's chemo days. Nausea has not even come into play with me. The conversation between Hil and I went something like this:

"How are you feeling?"
"I feel normal, no symptoms, great actually"
"It's amazing how things have improved since Marcia and Rhona's days"
"I also think I am amazing, don't you?" I said
SILENCE
"Yes" said Hil "Your name should be Grace"
LOL
"In that case, my eyes are a little watery so I won't be able to make tea" I ended wanting to have the last word, as always.

My mouth is very dry but I found a little "popsicle" recipe in that book from Shelley that will alleviate that. It sounds healthy as well as delicious, so I might try my hand at that today. All this water I am drinking makes me feel bloated. I'm back to looking like I am 6 months pregnant.

Check out the small bag of tricks filled with love that I got from Thea - very special.

I think today I am going to go for a spin on my scooter. My boy wants to get his hair cut ... aah no man!! So I might need to do that too. Sandra ... Jordan is doing the Paul Davis thing on me where he pulls his fringe over his eyes and says "look, I can't see".

Then of course, my haircut ... I might put mine off until tomorrow though. I also think that I might just get a very short styled haircut and not the number 2. Just in case this "Amazing Grace" is 1 in a million who doesn't lose her hair - nothing like dreaming hey? (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. It is all part of the letting go - the hair that is - somethings you just cant control.... Hair is also about sexuality so there is a lot tied in to the hair/breasts etc - kind of like cutting off/away at your sexuality, wish we were closer to chat - cant always find the right words at the end of my fingers x Cant help but say (and you know I am always truthful) that I think you new do is really cute and you look really gorgeous! Now I can say I have a friend in CT who looks like she should be in he L Word ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete