Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 56 - 08 December 2009

Late start today, and it is not even school holidays yet. Another glorious day in paradise ahead of us with the most magnificent weather. Some of today will however be spent indoors as I finish up my birthday shopping - Hil's birthday tomorrow.

As for my anti-oxidant juice ... eeuuww..ggh. They told me it was refreshingly delicious. They lied!! It tastes like a mixture of cod liver oil and Vitamin B. How is that delicious? I heave with every sip. But for the sake of health, I will persist. The first day, I even put it in a long glass - cocktail style. Now I just try and down it in one breath with as little water as possible, in a plastic glass. The worst is, with the Vitamin B, it repeats on you.

I always remember the first job I ever had, and we were ordering lunch. My boss wanted to order pies and I told him not to as it repeats on you. He said to me "what exactly does that mean ... repeats on you" knowing full-well. As an impressionable 19 year old, I died a thousand deaths having to say "... well every time you BURP". Amazing how we grow up. What is so embarrassing about admitting to burping?

The Goji-Berries make up for it. They are very delicious. Superfoods they are!!

It was suggested to me last night by someone who speaks from experience (as he too is bald - by choice), that I should perhaps consider doing the shave before chemo so that I can tan my head, as I won't be able to sit in the sun during chemo and will end up with a brown face and white head. I did think about it, but as I am not going the full shave (because it will create pimples), I don't think the sun will get through a "number 2". So witkop it is going to be. Besides, if I weigh up the odds - I would prefer to have my hair for another 2 weeks than a tanned head that will be covered most of the time.

10 days to go - I am suddenly thinking about chemo more and more ever since I wrote that I am not scared anymore. I'm thinking about the length of time it is going to take and how boring that could be ... without a smoke. Maybe it is a good time to consider giving up. I'm thinking about the green stuff too, watching it slowly drip, drip, drip. I'm thinking about all the bald heads that I am going to be sitting with and whether I am going to feel like a virgin on that first day. I'm thinking about the 19th and how it is going to feel. Enough thinking ... I need to go shopping (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of the sarong/ headgear jobbie. Suits you and looks stylish.

    ReplyDelete