Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Still here ... with hair

I have not had much to say in these last couple of days simply because there is nothing to say. Life has been good to me and I am really just enjoying the "rest period" that this time of year provides. A time to reflect as well as get bored.

I have not had any urgent feelings of wanting to get ready for the New Year. You know those feelings that come about when we start feeling guilty about too much rest. The feelings that force us to busy ourselves with preparations, goal-setting, new year resolutions. In fact, the goals I set earlier this month for next year are more than likely going to change - but I am in no hurry to commit as to how.

My mom's visit together with not knowing how I would feel after chemo made sure the lack of plans equated to "forced rest". Sure, the normal "cabin-fevered" irritations and arguments have prevailed, but under all of that it has been a time for me to experience many "threshold crossings" in my life. Many of which are happening in the privacy of my thoughts and ... might I add ... being confirmed with a lot of stuff that I am reading. So synchronicity is still a notable factor in my life.

All I can confirm is that I am feeling peaceful and grateful for the journey I have embarked on - and my journey is not only about breast cancer. It has kinda given me the opportunity to experience faith first hand (.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment