Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 63 - 15 December 2009

Camping didn't go too well - it was way too windy, hot and with very little shade I got really grumps and sun burnt, so we are back after 2 days. The 2 days did however provide sufficient family bonding time, which was special.

I am pleased to say that within 1 day of having my special Shiatsu-type massage, the feeling in my breasts are starting to come back. Not fully, but it is not totally dead ... there are tingling "alive" feelings. A work in progress. Tonight I am going back to Frank the magician.

I went to the plastic surgeon yesterday who was so rough with me when she was showing me how I should be massaging my breasts ... OW MAN!! I have never been that rough, but now I have to do it man style ... on myself. I think I need to do something though because the right boobie is not looking very happy since the swelling has come down with all the dents, dongers and lumps where the tumor used to be.

My right arm has been playing up majorly to the extent where I can't even straighten it. It feels like they cut the tendons a couple of inches shorter when taking the nodes out. Whenever I stretch (which is near impossible) or even just touch the arm, it feels bruised and really painful. Doc told me that it is the lymph that needs to be drained before they cause permanent damage. So I now need to go to a Physio.

I started playing around with the design of my other blog on Jordan which I have called MyPicanninJordan. Haven't done any posts on it yet, but I think I am actually going to have a lot of fun with this one. It is going to be more pictorial with memories attached to it. So at least it gets me stuck into that box of photos that need sorting. I think it is going to be more of an electronic scrap-book. I strongly suggest it to those parents looking for a new hobby or a way to record their beautiful children. It is extremely therapeutic and gives one a new appreciation for their child. Sometimes we get stuck on the challenges and forget about the special moments long gone. It also opens our eyes to the new moments still to come in need of capturing.

We haven't even got through Christmas and Jordan is already telling us what he wants for his 10th birthday. He wants to turn my office into his private den / treehouse / fort. There is nothing shy about the list he has already started either. Flat screen TV. A bed come couch in case he needs to have a nap. A computer with sound, internet access and games. His play station stuff. Bean bag chairs for when his mates come. I am liking the idea actually - to get it out of his bedroom and into a place where he will have limited access (i.e. mornings and nights will be our time).

3 days until takeoff. A time to allow the medication to work its stuff. I have a lot of life to look forward to, so have started changing my perspective on seeing this chemo in a different light (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. Remember to massage your arm, working from the fingers up to the shoulder - ask Hil's help. This will get the lymph going

    ReplyDelete