Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 57 - 09 December 2009

Today's all about Hil, being her birthday, so everything took a back seat, including my blog post. We got thoroughly spoilt for her birthday (eh-hem, I mean she).

I decided to do this post late so that it can make up for today and tomorrow. Tomorrow we are off early to Paarl so I won't be posting.

My check list is looking pretty dam good:

* Birthday shopping - DONE
* Christmas shopping - DONE
* Christmas tree up - DONE
* Camping gear sorted - DONE
* Pottjie pot cleaned - DONE
* Swimming pool cleaned - DONE
* 2010 goals set - DONE
* Hair appointment - DONE

AND, LAST BUT NOT LEAST ..... TA DA

* Kidney Test - DONE, DONE, DONE

The blood test for the kidneys was only a little eina probably because it lasted a mere 30 seconds. I even went on my own and found myself bragging to the nurse about my bravery. She was very sweet in the beginning when she saw my hands shaking, but then the bitch went and spoilt it all by saying "you do know that chemo is much different to this". "In what way?" I asked hoping for a positive answer. "It is a lot more painful" she casually said. WTF!!! Why would she want to say that, especially as she ended off "but I don't really know personally as I have not experienced it, I have only been told". Fuck her for being insensitive. As far as I am concerned, I am hoping that it is going to feel like having a drip in my arm. You don't feel it after a while. Only when it goes in.

Tryanophobia - that is the proper name for someone who has a fear of any medical procedures which include needles. There are other names - Aichmophobia, Belonephobia, Enetophobia - but these are incorrect as they are only a fear of pins/needles and not medical aspects. So I guess these phobics don't do any sewing. Tryanophobia is rarely used amongst medical professionals anymore, they prefer the more common name being just ... needle-phobia. I just had to find out, so I thought I would share the official definitions. I don't think I am as bad as the BIG T ... I am probably a mixture of everything - you know TryAcheAloneAphobia!

Jordan is officially finished Grade 3. Prize giving tonight - camera ready ... DONE. For now though, I am going to try and steal a quick nap as I am bushed with all the partying and kak night time sleeps (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. Can totally relate to your needle phobia! When they told me I had gestational diabetes and had to do needle pricks 4 times a day I cried for 2 days solid!
    ... and that insentive Nurse ... wow! what a bag!

    ReplyDelete