Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 59 - 11 December 2009

I got all balanced up last night. I went for the most enjoyable Shiatsu-type massage that lasted 1.5 hours but felt like 10 minutes. Most of the time was spent on my titties. Yep, a titty massage with a difference. The main purpose was to start manipulating the feeling back into my breasts and underarm as well as to help the scarring (redness and the protruding-ness). It was ever so gentle and together with the music, I nearly fell asleep. He also did the balancing of the Chakras where he uses localized finger pressure in a rhythmic sequence on acupuncture meridians. This is to improve the flow of energy and help the body regain balance. And you wonder why I have this incredible urge to "Hommmmmmmm".

The massage therapist did find big nodules in my upper arms. I funnily enough also noticed them about a week ago, but just put it down to a strange place for my muscles to be after my year of work-outs at the gym. I hope it is nothing serious.

One week to go before chemo and I am hoping that, being the virgin, I am not going to cry or anything ridiculous. That would be embarrassing to say the least. I'm starting to realize how much I need that counseling before going in.

I'm still getting the most incredible encouragement and support from people whom I never imagined even knew, noticed or cared. From the Chairman of the Board to the gardener. The human spirit really is a caring being and I feel truly blessed.

Soon we will be off on our camping trip ... a time to get down and dirty. The weather is perfect for camping, although I do hope the wind behaves. I won't be making any postings until my return, which will be around 16th. (.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment