Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 64 - 16 December 2009

I am so glad I am not the "wig" type this time of the year in Cape Town. That wind!!! Never mind the saying of "hold on to your hat and skirt", for me it would be "hold on to that hair doll"

Frank the masseur is my latest hero and flavor of the month. He is working my arm so that I don't have to go to the Physio. He only started with my arm last night and already I can feel the difference. Not quite full length stretch yet, but with this work in progress, it won't be long. Hil is going to help it along too by giving me daily massages to keep the drainage up. Time to take advantage!!

In terms of willingness and being open-minded, I'm learning a lot with this little exercise. I don't fully understand what happens in your body's energy and stimulating cells and manipulating, etc ... but just being willing and opening myself to the healing really seems to work its magic. It also helps me stay motivated with this willingness by being told by Frank that I have an incredibly strong energy that is very responsive to what he is doing.

He told me last night that he thought we would get to the stage where he would be able to do full acupuncture on me ... you know, with those needles. My response was "are you fucking mad!!" The heart is willing, but I know this body - it won't follow that far.

When I was enjoying my massage and doing my little visualization routine whilst listening to the music, I got an idea about chemo. I think I want to start a "chemo play-list" of music to get me through the 4-6 hour stretch. Music always relaxes me and puts me in a different place. I think it is a little late for this first round, but I do have some old recordings that I have done in the past to put on the ol' mp3.

My sister Sandra seems to think my music taste is old fashioned ... only because she knew 1 or 2 hot songs more than me ... simply because she had teenage kids at the time - so time to surprise her with my "hip". So if anyone has any ideas of good music to download, let me have it please. And NO, I am not looking for songs like "Onward Christian Soldiers" to fight the little buggers or "Cumbaya my lord cumbaya", that was done during the camping bonding trip. I'm looking more into the "gonna rock this joint" type stuff. Hip baby, hip.

Off to enjoy my day in the sun by the pool ... but first, goji-berries and eeuww juice (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment on Oriah's Green Bough and wanted to comment after reading your blog...

    >My sister Sandra seems to think my music taste is old fashioned ... only because she knew 1 or 2 hot songs more than me ... simply because she had teenage kids at the time - so time to surprise her with my "hip". So if anyone has any ideas of good music to download, let me have it please. <

    How's about "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf?? No? I'm serious!! ;-)

    It's good to meet you, Laurie. I'll sit with you spiritually, okay?

    Connie
    windsong_1950@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete