Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sun Shinny Days

Good Morning DARREN ... hope you survived the traffic and are sitting nice and calm now enjoying your cup of morning coffee!! :-) I felt so great after last night's meeting and it was fantastic to see so many people. You, of course are always our shining beacon with your readily smiley face. ;-)

You see, this is why I make a weekly post now, as I have nothing to say about my cancer journey. Life has gone back to being LIFE on life's terms. I am however looking forward to a weekend away this weekend. No animals, no sleep deprivation. One really needs that break from routine at least once a month. Breakfast buffet, beach, fishing, putt-putt, market visits, afternoon naps, scrabble championship by the pool, a spot of tennis, seafood dinners. Yep, that's what I am after - good quality time with my family. Koekie Koekermoer is coming along too, I sure hope she has practiced her scrabble skills, I do need the competition.

The weekend before each chemo is when I know I will feel my absolute best, so I am thinking that the second weekend after every treatment is going to be an away weekend. I can't believe that Round 4 of chemo is already next Thursday. Oh well, I will officially be at the half way mark then.

Back to the grindstone for now - isn't there a song like that "Like a grindstone cowboy" - maybe not. I read somewhere that a job is what we do for money, but work is what we do for love. I am so grateful that 90% of the work I do I really enjoy, so for me when it is a sun shinny day outside, it is an added bonus. Work, swim, work, eat, work, sleep, work, play (.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment