Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Last Hurdle

Had my first quarterly check-up with my oncologist on 13 September. There appears to be another lump in my right breast which she wants checked out. I am hoping it is scar tissue, but I must admit I can also feel a lump - and let's be honest, I am sure an oncologist knows more than me when it comes to tits. Crap!!!

The meds that I am on is to help the breast cancer not return, but it is high risk for uterus cancer, so I also had my guynie check up and we set my hysterectomy op for the 13 October, the same day last year that I was diagnosed. They will do an ultra sound on my boobs at the same time and should I need another biopsy (needle in tittie jol) then I am going to ask that they do it whilst I am under anesthetic. I ain't going through that again whilst I am awake!!

Even though there are new ways to do a hysterectomy, i.e. vaginally, they have to do my hysterectomy the conventional way (cut tummy). Because my uterus is full of fibroids it has contributed to my uterus being 7cm big (normal is 3cm). I was hoping to blame the big tummy on that ... but it's not true.

I have not been in a good space for a while now and I wish I could just shake it so that I can get back into the positive self that carried me through both my recoveries ... Perhaps after my op and convalescent quiet time, which I will try and use to gather my thoughts, I will get back to my old self and find my mojo (.)(.)

1 comment:

  1. Your ol lady told me about this new lump ... I'm hoping for what you hope for ... that it's scare tissue! If it's not Karen - stay strong, you've come so far in 2 recoveries ... you still have hobbo's of untapped "fight" in you :-) your no weakling I say I say!!
    Also, hoping all is well with your Mom. I know things/situation is not the best, and she's got alot of lifestyle changes to get into .... I know Dr. appts are becoming a pain in the ass, and she's pretty much fed up ...
    I know this isnt much ... but know I am thinking of you & your Mom (she's extremely special to me) ... I wish you both - HEALTH & PEACE ...xxxxx

    ReplyDelete